After launching in March, Gionee has announced that it is rolling out another update for its Gionee A1 smartphone, this time bringing the popular bokeh effect and support for multiple languages. The update is arriving over-the-air, and if you don’t receive a notification, check for an update in Settings manually. Earlier, Gionee A1 has already received one update in April bringing improvements to music, videos, and selfies.
The latest update brings Bokeh Selfies – a feature which blurs the background to highlight the subject even more, making the photograph look more professional. Furthermore, the OTA update will provide 10 system regional languages support – Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. Lastly, it also offers a three-year subscription of McAfee anti-virus to users.
Priced at Rs. 19,999, Gionee A1 was first unveiled alongside the Gionee A1 Plus at MWC 2017. The company’s new A-Series smartphones have two major USPs – a big battery, and, superior selfie photo quality. As for the rear camera, the Gionee A1 bears a 13-megapixel camera with a 1/3.06-inch Sony IMX258 sensor, and dual-LED flash.
- 16MP Front camera (f/2.0 Aperture, 5P Lens, 2.0 µm Pixel size) with phase detection auto focus technology (PDAF), a 13 MP Primary camera (f/2.0 Aperture, 5P Lens, 1.12 µm Pixel size) capable of capturing improved low-light selfies and videos. Upgraded Selfie Flash covered by custom filers for steady light. Face Beauty 2.0 for enhancing selfies and video calls (WhatsApp & Messenger)
- 4010 mAh lithium-ion polymer battery (non-removable) with Ultra-Fast Charging; Dual Charging Chips makes charging cooler & safer. Includes Smart Power Consumption system
- Amigo 4.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat with Helio P10 – 2.0GHz Octa Core Processor (MT6755 MediaTek); 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory Extendible upto 256 GB, Dual SIM
- 13.97 cm (5.5) Full HD IPS with 2.5D Curved edge display, 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and 401 PPI pixel density; Gorilla Glass Protection. Metallic Body Ratio – 87.5 %
- 2 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase
Gionee has put a 16-megapixel front-facing fixed focus camera on the A1, with an f/2.0 aperture, a 1/3.06-inch sensor, a 5P lens, and a selfie flash that the company says it has customised to “spread light onto faces more evenly and softly.” The smartphone also comes with a ‘facial enhancement algorithm’ that automatically detects a user’s face and applies custom beauty settings. Other features being touted include the bokeh-selfie mode.
It measures 154.5×76.5×8.5mm and weighs 182 grams. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11/ a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, and Micro-USB. The Gionee A1 sports a 4010mAh battery, and the company is also emphasising its new 18W ‘ultrafast charging’ that it says can charge the battery fully in 2 hours.
Gionee A1 Specifications
Gionee A1 Review: Pros, Cons, Specifications, Price | Digit.in
The Gionee A1 is the company's latest flagship that runs on MediaTek Helio P10 processor coupled with 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage and comes with ...