Chinese Smartphone maker Vivo has unveiled its second smartphone this year, the Y55s, priced at Rs. 12,490. The new Vivo Y55s will be available in Crown Gold and Space Grey colours across the country from Sunday. According to company sources that the new Vivo Y55s is an upgraded version of the Vivo Y55L launched last year. The new Y55s comes with a more RAM and a bigger battery.
The Vivo Y55s features a 5.2-inch HD (720×1280 pixels) IPS display and comes with a 2.5D curved edge screen. It is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor clocked at 1.4GHz coupled with 3GB of RAM. The Vivo Y55L, on the other hand, was powered by Snapdragon 430 processor and came with 2GB of RAM. It runs the company’s Funtouch OS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The handset packs 16GB inbuilt storage and supports expandable storage via microSD card (up to 256GB). It sports a 13-megapixel rear camera and also comes with a 5-megapixel front camera. The 4G-enabled Y55s is backed by a 2730mAh battery. The Vivo Y55L came with a smaller 2650mAh battery.
- 13MP primary camera with autofocus, LED flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama and 5MP front facing camera
- 13.208 centimetres (5.2-inch) IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution, 282 PPI pixel density and 16M colour support
- Android v6.0 Marshmallow Funtouch operating system with 1.4GHz Cortex-A53 Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 quad-core processor, Adreno 306 GPU, 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory expandable up to 256GB dual SIM (micro+nano) dual-standby (4G+4G)
- 2730mAH lithium-ion battery
- 1-year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase
Commenting on the launch, Kent Cheng, CEO of Vivo India said, “After the success of Vivo V5 Plus, we hereby strengthen our Y Series portfolio with the launch of this power packed device, the Y55s. We at Vivo are motivated by our endeavour to consistently set industry benchmarks by offering best in class features at affordable prices. Focused on our commitment in servicing customer satisfaction through quality products, we are hopeful that our latest innovation will be as successful as our previous offerings. We are confident that Vivo will have a great run in the year 2017.”
Vivo Y55s Specifications
Written with inputs from NDTV
Should you buy the Vivo Y55s - Detailed review
Vivo Y55S is an upgraded version of the hugely successful Y55L. Yet it has mediocre specifications and performance. It is priced at Rs 12490. It has a 5.2 inch ...
Vivo Y55s Unboxing and First impression
Vivo Y55s Unboxing and First impression Vivo Y55s is a variant of Y55L which was launched few months back. The Y55s comes with 3GB of RAM, 13MP rear ...