HTC has officially sent out press invites for the launch of the HTC U11 smartphone in India. The device is set to be launched at an event this Friday i.e. June 16. At the event, HTC will announce HTC U11 price in India and availability details the smartphone.
Last week, HTC listed the HTC U11 smartphone on its India website, hinting at an imminent launch. Now, with the press invite, HTC has confirmed the launch date of the HTC U11 in India. The HTC U11 smartphone was launched in Taiwan last month, and one of the biggest attractions of the device is its ‘Edge Sense’ feature which promises to bring a complete new way of interaction with the device.
- Introducing Edge Sense: an innovation that allows you to interact with applications and your HTC U11 by a simple squeeze of the device
- Highest rated camera: 12MP primary camera with highest DxOMark 90 score. Comes with UltraSpeed Autofocus, HDR Boost, OIS and RAW format support | 16MP front camera with UltraPixel mode
- 6GB RAM and 128 GB internal memory expandable up to 2TB in a hybrid slot
- 5.5 inches Super LCD 5 Quad HD (2560×1440) screen with 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 | Stunning liquid glass surface body with IP67 dust and water resistance
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 64 bit Octa-core processor (up to 2.45 GHz) | Android Nougat v7.1.1
- 3000 mAh lithium-ion battery | Dual nano sim with dual standby (4G+4G)
- Intelligent uSonic earphones with active noise cancellation to customize the audio based on your inner ear structure
- 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase
Processor: The HTC U11 is powered by industry’s top-end Snapdragon 835 chipset which houses the Adreno 540 GPU, the X16 modem for gigabit speeds and a more power-efficient 2.45GHz Kryo octa-core CPU.
RAM: The HTC U11 comes with 4 gigs of RAM while there will be a 6GB RAM variant as well.
Internal storage: The phone comes with 64GB and 128 GB of internal memory variants which is further expandable by up to 2TB via a dedicated micro-SD card slot.
Screen: The HTC U11 flaunts a 5.5-inch Quad HD super LCD display with the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on top
Rear camera: The 12-megapixel camera with 1.4m pixel on the U11 ranks first on the DXO Mark rating for smartphone cameras as per HTC. It has dual-pixel autofocus, f/1.7 aperture, dual-LED flash, slow-motion, and 4K video recording. It also has 5-axis OIS for stable image capture and EIS for slightly more stable video recording.
Front camera: 16-megapixel shooter with f/2.0 lens and utralpixel tuning, 150 degree wide angle lens
Software: The phone runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat with HTC’s own Sense UI on top.
Battery: The HTC U11 Plus is backed by a 3,000mAh battery and also supports fast charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Apart from the Squeeze feature, that works in water, snow, with gloves or in pocket, the HTC U11 has several new features up its sleeves. Firstly HTC says it has enhanced the design with an all-side-curve 3D glass on front and back which makes it ergonomic, premium and one shiny piece of glass to look at.
- In the audio department, there are new BoomSound stereo speakers that are louder and fiercer than HTC’s previous best. The upgraded USonic audio supports active noise cancellation, apart from its capability of sensing ear sensitivity to adjust volume. It is one of the best distinguishing features of HTC U phones.
- The camera on-board the HTC U11 can do 4K. But it’s the 5-axis OIS that will prove beneficial in real-life. Image stabilization is a blessing for action and night-time shots that minimise the chances of blur. Most phones have 3-axis OIS or 4-axis OIS. U11 takes it a step ahead.
- The Acoustic Focus is another nice camera feature. HTC U11 has four microphone arrays that increase the sensitivity of phone’s listening, if you will, for voice based assistance and 360-audio recording. But it is cunningly used in video to focus on audio from a subject when you zoom-in on him. The camera just got more human, eh?
- Talking about voice assistants, HTC uses as much as three of them, leaving no room for criticism. It has Sense Companion, Google Assistant and Alexa. It is probably the first phone to have the Amazon’s voice assistant which recently incurred free calling update among Echo speakers. For now it will be available in US, UK and Germany only though.
HTC U11 Specifications
|Processor||2.45GHz octa-core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835|
HTC U11 review: the squeezable phone with a stunning cameraJune 13, 2017 - The Guardian
Once the darling of the smartphone world, HTC has been struggling to gain traction in a market dominated by Samsung and Apple with its solid but bland devices. Now the U11 is here and it's squeezable (no really), can the former smartphone leader turn...
HTC U11 review: feeling the squeezeJune 9, 2017 - The Verge
HTC's new U11, available today for $649 unlocked from HTC or $696 from Sprint, the only US carrier offering it, certainly has its own unique trick, though it's not a particularly good one. But the U11's gimmick, where you're expected to squeeze the...
HTC U11 review: HTC's best phone in four years competes with ...June 7, 2017 - ZDNet
HTC set the standard in mobile for many years and with the HTC U11 everything I've wanted in an HTC phone is provided. The camera finally lives up to the...
HTC U11 review: a return to glory
On paper, the HTC U11 is as good as the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the Huawei P10. But the U11 also has a few design and software features which set it apart ...